There are many benefits to choosing renewable, American-made Bioheat® Fuel – it’s the right choice for your home, your community, and our future!
- Bioheat® Fuel is a blend of renewable biodiesel and traditional heating oil. Bioheat® Fuel is differentiated by the concentration of biodiesel blended into heating oil - a B2 blend is 2 percent biodiesel, a B20 blend is 20 percent biodiesel, B100 is pure biodiesel.
- Biodiesel blends at 15 percent (B15) with ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) are lower in Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) than natural gas when evaluated over 100 years, while blends of 2 percent (B2) or more are lower in GHG than natural gas when evaluated over twenty years.
- Basic burner operation with Bioheat® Fuel blends of B5 is the same as with unblended heating oil.
- You can use Bioheat® Fuel in your existing oil heating system without making any changes to your equipment.
- The growing Bioheat® market could be responsible for as much as $3 billion in economic impact, 11,160 jobs, and nearly $500 million in wages.
- Bioheat® Fuel burns cleaner so it will need less maintenance.
- Many states and metropolitan areas have passed - or are considering - Bioheat® Fuel mandates.
- The raw materials used to produce biodiesel come from a wide range of feedstocks, most of which are grown and processed domestically.